Sunday, July 24, 2011

Something I'm working on.

When shit's really... shitty, I find the need to craft things.  Not just any craft and not necessarily for a functional product, but just something time consuming and expressive.  More "art" than craft.

I am only as strong as I am,
because you guided me.


I have always said that my sister is one of the strongest and bravest people I know.  Last year, as she battled cancer with striking wit and unwavering strength, I thought to myself: "see, I was right."   An amazing mother, an adoring sister, and a spunky pain-in-the-ass, my sister has conquered any role she's taken on and made it all look so easy.

Today, I wonder if I could ever be a strong enough sister and brave enough friend to help her when she's the one who has strength and bravery in the bag.  I endlessly hope that I can be half the woman she is without her help, should she ever leave us.  It is only with her help that I have made it as far as I have anyway.



Mari, I love you.  We'll fight this together, as long as it takes and as hard as it gets.  


2 comments:

  1. BNB indeed. Happy thoughts going her way! And yours chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY I LIKE THIS PIC OF UR SISTER. U DID A FANTASTIC JOB. UR REALLY GETTING REAL GOOD IN DRAWING. LUV U
    MOM

    ReplyDelete